by Kevin Gillingham | Nov 18, 2016
It’s that time of year again! It’s the time when Mo Bros (and Mo Sistas) unite to grow out their moustaches and raise funds for men’s health.
Activo is joining the cause – supporting the Movember Foundation as they work to boost awareness and increase access to the tests and treatments that stop men from dying too young.
Some of the biggest health issues affecting men include prostate cancer, testicular cancer, and mental health challenges.
Obstacles that prevent men from confronting health issues are:
- Inadequate understanding and awareness.
- Lack of open discussion about health issues.
- Reluctance to respond proactively when unwell.
- Participating in activities that put health at risk.
- Stigmas around mental health.
Movember shines a spotlight on problems like these by illuminating the topic and encouraging people to talk about it.
Throughout Movember (and all year long), let’s take actions that improve the state of men’s health in Canada!
It’s now mid-month and we’ve already raised $760. Help us take that number even higher! Click here to go to our team’s Movember donation page!
When we’re not growing fantastic moustaches, Activo helps businesses implement secure and scalable IP networks and infrastructure. Learn more about us here!
- 5 Trends for Designing Future-Ready Data Centres
- 3 Ways to Maximize the Security of Your Security Systems
- 5 Trends for an Increasingly Mobile Workforce
- Activo Was Proud to Support United Way Halton & Hamilton’s 30th Annual Oakville Mayor’s Invitational Golf Tournament - July 20, 2018
- Why You Need to Be Ready to Deploy a Digital Building Architecture - May 29, 2018
- 3 IoT Trends for 2018 (and Beyond) - March 23, 2018
- Evolving Today’s Data Centres to Meet Tomorrow’s Demands - January 19, 2018
- Happy Holidays from Activo! - December 20, 2017
- 5 Benefits of Cloud Communications - December 15, 2017
- Activo Opens Its London Office to Expand Its Network Planning, Integration, Installation, and Support Expertise throughout Southwestern Ontario - November 13, 2017
- Join the Momentum this Movember in Support of Men’s Health - November 8, 2017
- The 6 Industries Leading the Way in the IoT - October 17, 2017
- 5 Things You Can Do with Video Analytics - October 2, 2017