by Kevin Gillingham | Mar 24, 2020
We want to ensure that our customers’ network and communications infrastructures are up and running during an unprecedented demand for remote services. As a result, our field technicians continue to work and provide essential services to our customers.
Updated Covid-19 On-Site Work Protocol
To ensure the safety and health of our employees and customers, team members will continue to follow all normal job protocols with the inclusion of additional prevention protocols.
Please Note: Our technicians can work on site during regular hours or after hours to enhance physical distancing measures.
- Team members have been directed to conduct a pre-screening call before they visit a site.
- During this call, our team members will ask the following questions from customers:
- Are you, or anyone at your location showing symptoms of illness?
- Have you or anyone at your location travelled internationally in the last 14 days
- Have you or anyone in your location been in contact with anyone diagnosed with COVID-19?
- Have you or anyone in your location received public health or medical advice to self-quarantine?
Arrival at Site
- After arriving at the site, our team members will once again ask the questions listed above.
- They will then inform customers about the precautionary steps taken during the visit including the use of Personal Protection Equipment (PPE) (where required), sanitizer, and disinfection of work surfaces and Customer Premise Equipment (CPE).
- A confirmation will be taken from the customer prior to proceeding with the visit.
- During the visit, our team members will follow these protocols:
- Maintain a safe distance (no closer than 2 metres, per Canada Public Health Agency recommendations)
- Utilize hand disinfectant in front of the customer
- Observe proper respiratory etiquette
- Minimize touching of the face
- In the event a team member touches their face, they will observe disinfection protocol
- If a CPE is replaced on-site it will be placed into the plastic bag from the new CPE and returned to the Activo warehouse for reverse logistics, inclusive of disinfection.
- Our team members will leave the job site in a better condition than they found it in by using disinfectant on surfaces they touched.
How to Contact Activo?
Please contact your current Activo representative or call us and leave a message at 1-(866)-922-8486 x444 and we will return your call promptly.
- Activo Invests in Training to Emerge Stronger From COVID-19 - July 29, 2020
- Activo Recognized as Cisco Premier Certified Partner in Canada - July 9, 2020
- Activo Holds Collection Drive for Fare Share Food Bank Oakville - June 25, 2020
- Activo Providing Essential ICT Services for Hospitals and Long-Term Care Facilities - June 1, 2020
- Free Webex Offer in Response to COVID-19 - April 22, 2020
- How 5G Technology Transforms the Internet and the Way You Do Business - April 17, 2020
- We Are Open and Here to Support You - March 24, 2020
- How Video Analytics is Helping Secure Your Home, Business, and City - February 27, 2020
- How Smart Buildings Can Lower Costs and Increase Productivity - January 23, 2020
- Cloud-Based Communication Solutions Offer Flexibility for a Distributed Workforce - December 17, 2019