by Kevin Gillingham | Jul 31, 2012
Companies often move locations because they are expanding or contracting their business. In both scenarios the technology they use to operate, such as phone systems and bandwidth requirements, may be affected. Other factors such as timing, new technology upgrades, and budgeting also play critical roles in the moving process.
In this six-part blog series, Activo will provide detailed checklists for you to consider if you are planning on moving your business. Here are some general questions to get you thinking:
- Are you planning on installing new equipment? Or moving existing equipment?
- What are the complexities of your company’s move? Larger or smaller space? More or less employees?
- Will there be more or less need for physical security? More or less bandwidth required? Re-cabling?
- How long will you be in the new location? Buy or lease?
- What is your budget? Who is funding the expansion?
- What is your timeline?
- How many vendors does your company currently work with? Are you interested in exploring other options?
We will offer suggestions on how to answer these types of questions and what solutions are available to meet your current and future needs. Each part of our series will focus on one major area of your company’s communications needs. Those areas are:
- Phone Systems
- Wireless & Mobility
- Audio Visual & Video Conferencing
- IP CCTV & Access Control
Do you have a question about moving your business?