by Kevin Gillingham | Jun 25, 2020
Activo strongly believes in helping the community and during COVID-19 we have increased our efforts to show this commitment. There is no doubt that this pandemic has been difficult for us all, but some are less fortunate than others.
Activo along with Core Online Marketing and Control Systems International recently held a food donation drive for Fare Share Food Bank Oakville. Flyers were distributed to homes in Oakville with details on the goods being requested by the foodbank and when they would be picked up by Activo Vice President Kevin Gillingham and his team.
The food drive was a success and the team managed to receive donations amount to 8 shopping carts (an estimated 1,000 pounds) of food.
Fare Share Food Bank is a non-profit organization that is helping needy families in Oakville since 1987. It is run entirely by volunteers and serves 400 to 450 families. During the COVID-19 pandemic they are open at regular hours at their location 1240 Speers Road, between 3rd Line and 4th Line.
Charities Supported by Acvito
As part of our efforts to help the community, Activo is supporting three charities with all team members pledging to volunteer and make a difference.
Volunteer Canada: One of the charities we are supporting is Volunteer Canada that focuses on increasing participation, quality, and diversity of volunteer experiences. This is a time when our community needs us the most and volunteering is an excellent way to give back. Our team members have provided services such as delivering groceries to individuals who are unable to leave their homes due to COVID-19. A list of volunteer opportunities during COVID-19 can be viewed here.
Food Banks Canada: Our local food banks and those who require their services need us the most during this time. The Activo team is working closely with food banks in helping them collect donations at this time. There is a dire need for donations, as food banks across the country have experienced a significant decrease in resources. To find out how you can donate click here.
SPARK Ontario: SPARK is Ontario’s first bilingual online gateway that lets volunteers connect with non-profit organizations. There are several COVID-19 opportunities available on their website with a focus on volunteer drivers and seniors management. Several of our team members have volunteered through SPARK and are making a difference.
These are unique times and require us to come together as a community. We need to be loving, caring, and compassionate towards others and show that together we can overcome this adversity.
Contact us to learn more about the role we are playing in supporting our communities and for information on services we offer.
- Activo Invests in Training to Emerge Stronger From COVID-19 - July 29, 2020
- Activo Recognized as Cisco Premier Certified Partner in Canada - July 9, 2020
- Activo Holds Collection Drive for Fare Share Food Bank Oakville - June 25, 2020
- Activo Providing Essential ICT Services for Hospitals and Long-Term Care Facilities - June 1, 2020
- Free Webex Offer in Response to COVID-19 - April 22, 2020
- How 5G Technology Transforms the Internet and the Way You Do Business - April 17, 2020
- We Are Open and Here to Support You - March 24, 2020
- How Video Analytics is Helping Secure Your Home, Business, and City - February 27, 2020
- How Smart Buildings Can Lower Costs and Increase Productivity - January 23, 2020
- Cloud-Based Communication Solutions Offer Flexibility for a Distributed Workforce - December 17, 2019