by Kevin Gillingham | Oct 30, 2020
The COVID-19 pandemic has impacted every single one of us. In these testing times, our executives and leaders need to come together and support those who are the most vulnerable in our communities – our youth!
On any given night around 6,000 young people experience homelessness in Canada. Covenant House is Canada’s largest agency serving youth, offering 24-7 services to about 300 young people each day. Since 1982, Covenant House has supported more than 100,000 young people by offering housing options, health and well-being support, training and skill development, and ongoing support once youth move into the community.
Covenant House’s Sleep Out: Executive Edition will return for its 9th year on November 19, 2020. The event will take place at Royal Bank Plaza in the heart of Toronto’s financial district, with extensive safety and physical distancing measures in place to protect the health and well-being of participants.
The sleep out supports youth who are homeless, trafficked, or at risk. Sleepers taking part in the event participate in a powerful and immersive experience that creates awareness about the issues of homelessness and sex trafficking, hear from the youth helped by Covenant House, and be a part of the solution.
For the second year in a row, Jim Taylor, Activo President, will be taking part in Covenant House’s Sleep Out. This year more than ever, the youth of Covenant House need our support. Many of them have health conditions that make them vulnerable to the COVID-19 virus and isolation and uncertainty has left them feeling anxious, distressed, and destabilized.
Jim needs your support to help Covenant House Toronto reach its fundraising goal of $1 million to ensure their team can continue to work non-stop to provide essential services to young people during this critical time.
“It will be cold. It will be dark. But for one night I can give up the comforts of home knowing it can bring warmth and brightness to the young people who need it the most.”
- Jim Taylor, Activo President
To support Jim’s Sleep Out and Covenant House Toronto, please click here. On behalf of us at Activo and Covenant House – thank you!
Activo believes in charitable and community support. Click here to see some of the organizations we support.
- Movember Has Never Been More Important - November 4, 2020
- Sleep Out: Extraordinary Leaders Supporting Vulnerable Communities - October 30, 2020
- Activo Invests in Training to Emerge Stronger From COVID-19 - July 29, 2020
- Activo Recognized as Cisco Premier Certified Partner in Canada - July 9, 2020
- Activo Holds Collection Drive for Fare Share Food Bank Oakville - June 25, 2020
- Activo Providing Essential ICT Services for Hospitals and Long-Term Care Facilities - June 1, 2020
- Free Webex Offer in Response to COVID-19 - April 22, 2020
- How 5G Technology Transforms the Internet and the Way You Do Business - April 17, 2020
- We Are Open and Here to Support You - March 24, 2020
- How Video Analytics is Helping Secure Your Home, Business, and City - February 27, 2020