by Kevin Gillingham | Nov 01, 2018
Movember is officially upon us. For the 16th year in a row, Mo Bros and Mo Sistas around the world will come together in efforts to to raise funds and promote men’s health.
Kevin Gillingham, Activo’s Vice President, Sales and Marketing, is joining the cause for his seventh year in a row. He is proud to be able to support the Movember Foundation in their work to promote men’s physical and mental health and, quite simply, stop the men in our lives—our fathers, brothers, husbands, partners, and friends—from dying too young.
The Movember Foundation got its start in 2003 when two mates from Australia talked 30 of their friends into paying $10 (AUD) to grow a moustache in November, with the money raised going towards men’s health and prostate cancer. Movember expanded into Spain and the UK in 2004 and brought in over $50,000.
Today, over five million moustaches are grown in over 20 countries each year. The Movember Foundation has raised over $730 million to fund more than 1,000 men’s health programs globally.
But the Movember Foundation’s work is far from over. There are still a range of factors that prevent men from confronting health issues including inadequate understanding and awareness, a lack of open discussion, reluctance to respond proactively when feeling unwell, participating in activities that put health at risk, and stigmas around mental health.
Through your continued involvement and support, the Movember Foundation can work towards achieving its vision—to have an everlasting impact on the face of men’s health—and goal of reducing the number of men who die prematurely around the world by 25% by the year 2030.
When we’re not growing fantastic moustaches, Activo helps businesses implement secure and scalable IP networks and infrastructure. Learn more about us here!
Read more from Activo:
- Activo Sleeps Out in Support of Covenant House Toronto
- Activo Was Proud to Support the United Way Halton & Hamilton’s 30th Annual Oakville Mayor’s Invitational Golf Tournament
- Activo Golfs for Kids’ Sake in Support of Big Brothers Big Sisters of Halton
- Activo Providing Essential ICT Services for Hospitals and Long-Term Care Facilities - June 1, 2020
- Free Webex Offer in Response to COVID-19 - April 22, 2020
- How 5G Technology Transforms the Internet and the Way You Do Business - April 17, 2020
- We Are Open and Here to Support You - March 24, 2020
- How Video Analytics is Helping Secure Your Home, Business, and City - February 27, 2020
- How Smart Buildings Can Lower Costs and Increase Productivity - January 23, 2020
- Cloud-Based Communication Solutions Offer Flexibility for a Distributed Workforce - December 17, 2019
- Happy Holidays from Activo! - December 16, 2019
- Activo ‘Sleeps Out’ to Fight Youth Homelessness - November 18, 2019
- Activo Is Growing a Mo to Save a Bro! - November 14, 2019