by Kevin Gillingham | Dec 17, 2018
From all of us at Activo, we would like to wish you and your family a warm and happy holiday season and all the best in the year to come.
All Activo offices will be closed between December 22nd and December 26th. We will re-open December 27th, close again from December 29th to January 1st, and re-open on January 2nd.
If you have any special requests throughout the holiday, please contact us. We will schedule specialists on the basis of customer need.
Help Us Decide How We Donate This Year
At Activo, we are committed to supporting organizations that affect change in our communities. The holidays are the perfect time of year to reflect on how fortunate we are and to give back.
We would like you to help us decide how to donate this year and have set aside $10,000 to be distributed among three causes—the Salvation Army, the SickKids Foundation, and the Canadian Centre for Abuse Awareness:
- The Salvation Army provides support to people and communities in need, both within Canada and internationally. They offer necessities including food, shelter, and clothing to those who need a helping hand.
- The SickKids Foundation gathers funds for the Hospital for Sick Children, one of the world’s leading hospitals for children. They are driven by the belief that bettering the health and well-being of children serves as a powerful way to improve society and give children and their families the healing environment they need at such an important time.
- The Canadian Centre for Abuse Awareness is a national organization that has helped survivors of abuse in Canada since 1993. Their mission is to reduce the occurrence and impact of abuse through education and public awareness.
Activo is dedicated to assisting those in need. We hope our donations will spread joy this holiday season and throughout the coming year!
Working Together to Make the Season Special for a Family in Need
For a second year, Activo is helping a local family in need through the Holiday Helpers Adopt a Family program. Holiday Helpers has been providing personalized Christmas packages to low-income families with young children for the past two decades. The organization works with volunteers, donors, and other charities to spread Christmas joy—a meal, decorated tree, and gifts—to those who may not otherwise experience it.
This year we are supporting a single mom who is raising her three children after leaving a domestic violence situation. The family is safe and looking forward to a better future together, but they are starting with very little. We are glad to be able to help make sure they have both the essentials they need (coats, mittens, boots, and other household items) as well as toys for the children and present for mom to make this season and all the Christmases that follow a little bit brighter.
From all of us at Activo, we hope you have a safe, relaxing, and enjoyable holiday season and a wonderful 2019!
Read more from Activo:
- Why Structured Cabling Is the Backbone of the Digital Building
- Why You Need to Be Ready to Deploy a Digital Building Architecture
- Evolving Today’s Data Centres to Meet Tomorrow’s Demands
- Activo Invests in Training to Emerge Stronger From COVID-19 - July 29, 2020
- Activo Recognized as Cisco Premier Certified Partner in Canada - July 9, 2020
- Activo Holds Collection Drive for Fare Share Food Bank Oakville - June 25, 2020
- Activo Providing Essential ICT Services for Hospitals and Long-Term Care Facilities - June 1, 2020
- Free Webex Offer in Response to COVID-19 - April 22, 2020
- How 5G Technology Transforms the Internet and the Way You Do Business - April 17, 2020
- We Are Open and Here to Support You - March 24, 2020
- How Video Analytics is Helping Secure Your Home, Business, and City - February 27, 2020
- How Smart Buildings Can Lower Costs and Increase Productivity - January 23, 2020
- Cloud-Based Communication Solutions Offer Flexibility for a Distributed Workforce - December 17, 2019