by Kevin Gillingham | Oct 07, 2019
The rapid proliferation of technology leaves many business leaders understandably overwhelmed and confused. But when it comes to unified communications, there’s no room for anything but clarity. The investment is too significant not to develop a conscientious and proactive plan.
Here are some ways you can maximize your return:
You Need a Network Systems Plan
You can’t do anything without a well-documented network system plan in place. Don’t be sparse with the details. Your network is the backbone of your entire business and must be thoughtfully structured. Create a plan that prioritizes efficiency so that your flow of information is seamless.
Ensure Cohesive Integration
With all the various communication tools and networking systems in today’s market, it’s easy to find something that helps your business. But if you add too many fragmented pieces to your organization, you quickly learn that they don’t all communicate well together. As you develop your technology stack, prioritize cohesive integration – meaning all systems should effortlessly communicate with one another.
Get Serious About Security
The need for superior security can’t be understated. Every modern networking system must be developed with multiple layers of security. A failure to do so could result in extensive and costly cyber-attacks in the years to come.
Your business isn’t the same size today as it was yesterday, and it won’t be the same size tomorrow as it is today. Businesses are always changing and it’s important not to lock yourself into a network system that’s based solely on your present needs. Scalability is paramount. Prioritize it and you’ll find it easier to grow without restraint.
Train Employees Well
The truth of the matter is that you can have an absolutely perfect communications strategy, but it won’t work unless your team is properly trained on how to fully utilize the technology and systems you’ve put in place. People represent both the strongest links in your network, as well as the weakest. Plan accordingly by training them well.
Contact Activo to Learn More
Activo is a national IP infrastructure company that specializes in providing superior network systems planning, integration, installation, and support services across Canada. Whether you’re optimizing an existing communications strategy or you’re starting from scratch, we’d be happy to help!
Are you ready to take the plunge? Contact us today to learn how Activo can help you maximize your success in the IoT!
Read more from Activo:
- Why Structured Cabling Is the Backbone of the Digital Building
- Why You Need to Be Ready to Deploy a Digital Building Architecture
- 5 Factors Driving the Digital Building Transformation
- We Are Open and Here to Support You - March 24, 2020
- How Video Analytics is Helping Secure Your Home, Business, and City - February 27, 2020
- How Smart Buildings Can Lower Costs and Increase Productivity - January 23, 2020
- Cloud-Based Communication Solutions Offer Flexibility for a Distributed Workforce - December 17, 2019
- Happy Holidays from Activo! - December 16, 2019
- Activo ‘Sleeps Out’ to Fight Youth Homelessness - November 18, 2019
- Activo Is Growing a Mo to Save a Bro! - November 14, 2019
- How to Generate Maximum Return on Your Communications Investment - October 7, 2019
- Trends That Will Shape the Future of the Contact Centre - August 12, 2019
- 8 Steps to Maximizing Success in the IoT - June 26, 2019