by Kevin Gillingham | Nov 08, 2017
This month, Mo Bros (and Mo Sistas) will come together again for Movember to raise funds in support of men’s health.
Kevin Gillingham, Activo’s Vice President, Sales and Marketing, will be joining the cause for his sixth year in a row. He is proud to be able to support the Movember Foundation in their work to promote men’s physical and mental health and, quite simply, stop the men in our lives—our fathers, brothers, husbands, partners, and friends—from dying too young.
15 Years, 5 Million Moustaches and Growing!
The Movember Foundation got its start in 2003 when two mates from Australia talked 30 of their friends into paying $10 (AUD) to grow a moustache in November, with the money raised going towards men’s health and prostate cancer. Movember expanded into Spain and the UK in 2004 and brought in over $50,000.
Today, over five million moustaches are grown in over 20 countries each year. The Movember Foundation has raised over $730 million to fund more than 1,000 men’s health programs globally.
But the Movember Foundation’s work is far from over. There are still a range of factors that prevent men from confronting health issues including inadequate understanding and awareness, a lack of open discussion, reluctance to respond proactively when feeling unwell, participating in activities that put health at risk, and stigmas around mental health.
Through your continued involvement and support, the Movember Foundation can work towards achieving its vision—to have an everlasting impact on the face of men’s health—and goal of reducing the number of men who die prematurely around the world by 25% by the year 2030.
When we’re not growing fantastic moustaches, Activo helps businesses implement secure and scalable IP networks and infrastructure. Learn more about us here!
- Kevin Gillingham, Activo’s Vice President Sales and Marketing, Speaks about the Effects of the Digital Transformation in Education at York University’s Annual IT Day
- Happy Canada Day from Activo, and Cheers to Over 150 Years of Canadian Technological Innovation!
- Activo Golfs for Kids’ Sake in Support of Big Brothers Big Sisters of Halton
- Activo Sleeps Out in Support of Covenant House Toronto - August 20, 2018
- Activo Was Proud to Support United Way Halton & Hamilton’s 30th Annual Oakville Mayor’s Invitational Golf Tournament - July 20, 2018
- Why You Need to Be Ready to Deploy a Digital Building Architecture - May 29, 2018
- 3 IoT Trends for 2018 (and Beyond) - March 23, 2018
- Evolving Today’s Data Centres to Meet Tomorrow’s Demands - January 19, 2018
- Happy Holidays from Activo! - December 20, 2017
- 5 Benefits of Cloud Communications - December 15, 2017
- Activo Opens Its London Office to Expand Its Network Planning, Integration, Installation, and Support Expertise throughout Southwestern Ontario - November 13, 2017
- Join the Momentum this Movember in Support of Men’s Health - November 8, 2017
- The 6 Industries Leading the Way in the IoT - October 17, 2017