by Kevin Gillingham | Jul 07, 2017
On May 18th, York University held its annual IT Day conference at the Keele Campus in Toronto. Activo holds as a vendor of record with York University in infrastructure and was a proud platinum sponsor of this event. Over 250 IT staff, all involved with IT planning, support, and decision-making, attended this year’s IT Day. Other participants included professionals auxiliary to IT, such as marketing, advancement, and communications experts as well as technology vendors to York University.
Kevin delivered his presentation at a vendor track session to key IT and facilities representatives as part of York’s IT Day. His talk focused on digital buildings and how the technology will transform how people plan, build, and use physical spaces and networks—making them more efficient, reliable, sustainable, customizable, and productive.
His specific focus was on how these changes will affect institutions of higher education and compel people to reimagine and reinvent what it means for students, researchers, faculty, and staff to be on campus and in classrooms.
Click here to download the infographic and read more about what a digital evolution in education will really look like!
At Activo, we work with our public sector clients (including schools and municipalities) to maximize their success in the IoT. Contact us today to learn more about our services!
Read more from Activo:
- Building for the Internet of Things (IoT)
- Overcoming Barriers to In-Building Wireless Connectivity [Infographic]
- How the IoT is Changing These 3 Industries [Infographic]
- Free Webex Offer in Response to COVID-19 - April 22, 2020
- How 5G Technology Transforms the Internet and the Way You Do Business - April 17, 2020
- We Are Open and Here to Support You - March 24, 2020