The holiday season is the perfect time to reflect on how fortunate we truly are. We are committed to giving back to our communities, supporting a range of charitable organizations now and throughout the year.
This past November, we were eager to get a head start on our annual tradition of holiday giving and find a way to get involved in Edmonton and Calgary.
We are proud and excited to announce that, through direct donations from the entire Activo team, we were able to raise more than $1,440:
- In Edmonton, we made a cash donation to the Salvation Army.
- In Calgary, we used our funds to purchase toys, puzzles, and books for children in need. The staff at our Calgary office is also looking forward to volunteering at a local food bank early in 2017!
Help Us Determine How We Give This Holiday Season!
This year, we have $10,000 set aside to distribute among three local charities:
- The Salvation Army provides support to people and communities in need, both within Canada and internationally. They offer necessities including food, shelter, and clothing to those who need a helping hand.
- The SickKids Foundation gathers funds for the Hospital for Sick Children, one of the world’s leading hospitals for children. They are driven by the belief that bettering the health and well-being of children serves as a powerful way to improve society and give children and their families the healing environment they need at such an important time.
- The Canadian Centre for Abuse Awareness is a national organization that has helped survivors of abuse in Canada since 1993. Their mission is to reduce the occurrence and impact of abuse through education and public awareness.
From everyone at Activo, we wish you a warm, merry Christmas and happy, safe holiday season.
More from Activo: