by Kevin Gillingham | Sep 22, 2016
IP Networks have become essential in today’s business landscape – whether you work in an office, out of your home, at a remote site, or on the road. More than ever before, IP networks need to support an increasing number of users and devices to let people connect, communicate, collaborate, and consume over faster, more reliable networks.
But just how significant is the global growth? In a recent study, Cisco predicted that by 2020:
- Global internet traffic will triple, soaring from 72.5 to 194.4 exabytes.
- The number of internet users will reach 4.1 billion versus 3 billion in 2015.
- There will be 26.3 billion network-connected devices compared to 16.3 billion in 2015.
- Video content will comprise 82% of all network traffic versus 70% in 2015.
These statistics come from Cisco’s recently released Visual Networking Index (VNI) forecast, which aims to forecast the global growth expected for IP networks and understand how emerging technology trends and visual networking (social media, video, and collaboration applications) will transform the broadband landscape. It includes an infographic illustrating some of the changes anticipated by 2020.
The digital transformation is here. Are you ready to make the most of it? At Activo, we work with trusted service providers like Cisco to provide secure, scalable, and high-quality solutions. Contact us today to learn more about our services!
- The Future Looks Bright with Cisco’s Digital Ceiling
- 5 Trends for an Increasingly Mobile Workforce
- 3 Ways Future-Ready Cabling Prepares Networks for the Internet of Things
- Trends That Will Shape the Future of the Contact Centre - August 12, 2019
- 8 Steps to Maximizing Success in the IoT - June 26, 2019
- Can Surveillance Cameras and Sensors Help Us Create a More Sustainable World? - April 29, 2019
- 5 Factors Driving the Digital Building Transformation - February 21, 2019
- Happy Holidays and All the Best in the New Year - December 17, 2018
- Why Structured Cabling Is the Backbone of the Digital Building - November 1, 2018
- Support Activo’s Own Mo Bro, Kevin Gillingham, This Movember - November 1, 2018
- Activo Sleeps Out in Support of Covenant House Toronto - August 20, 2018
- Activo Was Proud to Support United Way Halton & Hamilton’s 30th Annual Oakville Mayor’s Invitational Golf Tournament - July 20, 2018
- Why You Need to Be Ready to Deploy a Digital Building Architecture - May 29, 2018