by Kevin Gillingham | Nov 14, 2019
It’s Movember! Time for Mo Bros to grow out their moustaches and raise funds for men’s health. Throughout the month of November, those participating in Movember initiatives bring awareness to men’s health issues, such as prostate cancer, testicular cancer, mental health and suicide prevention.
The Numbers Are Staggering!
- 1 million men are diagnosed with prostate cancer each year.
- 1 in 7 men will be diagnosed with prostrate cancer in their lifetime.
- In 2019, an estimated 1,150 Canadian men will be diagnosed with testicular cancer. An estimated 35 will die from the disease.
- Globally, on average, 1 man dies by suicide every minute of the day.
Kevin Gillingham, Activo’s Vice President, Sales and Marketing, will join the cause for his eighth-consecutive year. He is proud to be able to support the Movember Foundation in their work to promote this honorable cause.
“Globally, more than 1.4M men are diagnosed with prostate cancer each year. Movember is working to halve the number of deaths from prostate cancer by 2030, and I want to help them get there. Help me stop men dying too young.”
Kevin Gillingham, Activo’s Vice President, Sales and Marketing
What prevents men from confronting health issues:
- Inadequate understanding and awareness.
- Lack of open discussion about health issues.
- Reluctance to respond proactively when unwell.
- Participating in activities that put health at risk.
- Stigmas around mental health.
Movember shines a spotlight on problems like these by illuminating the topic and encouraging people to talk about it.
Since 2012, Kevin has helped raise $11,035 for this cause. Help us take that number even higher! Click here to go to Movember’s donation page!
When we’re not growing fantastic moustaches, Activo helps businesses implement secure and scalable IP networks and infrastructure. Learn more about us here!
- Trends That Will Shape the Future of the Contact Centre
- 8 Steps to Maximizing Success in the IoT
- Can Surveillance Cameras and Sensors Help Us Create a More Sustainable World
- Activo ‘Sleeps Out’ to Fight Youth Homelessness - November 18, 2019
- Activo Is Growing a Mo to Save a Bro! - November 14, 2019
- How to Generate Maximum Return on Your Communications Investment - October 7, 2019
- Trends That Will Shape the Future of the Contact Centre - August 12, 2019
- 8 Steps to Maximizing Success in the IoT - June 26, 2019
- Can Surveillance Cameras and Sensors Help Us Create a More Sustainable World? - April 29, 2019
- 5 Factors Driving the Digital Building Transformation - February 21, 2019
- Happy Holidays and All the Best in the New Year - December 17, 2018
- Why Structured Cabling Is the Backbone of the Digital Building - November 1, 2018
- Support Activo’s Own Mo Bro, Kevin Gillingham, This Movember - November 1, 2018