by Kevin Gillingham | Nov 14, 2019
It’s Movember! Time for Mo Bros to grow out their moustaches and raise funds for men’s health. Throughout the month of November, those participating in Movember initiatives bring awareness to men’s health issues, such as prostate cancer, testicular cancer, mental health and suicide prevention.
The Numbers Are Staggering!
- 1 million men are diagnosed with prostate cancer each year.
- 1 in 7 men will be diagnosed with prostrate cancer in their lifetime.
- In 2019, an estimated 1,150 Canadian men will be diagnosed with testicular cancer. An estimated 35 will die from the disease.
- Globally, on average, 1 man dies by suicide every minute of the day.
Kevin Gillingham, Activo’s Vice President, Sales and Marketing, will join the cause for his eighth-consecutive year. He is proud to be able to support the Movember Foundation in their work to promote this honorable cause.
“Globally, more than 1.4M men are diagnosed with prostate cancer each year. Movember is working to halve the number of deaths from prostate cancer by 2030, and I want to help them get there. Help me stop men dying too young.”
Kevin Gillingham, Activo’s Vice President, Sales and Marketing
What prevents men from confronting health issues:
- Inadequate understanding and awareness.
- Lack of open discussion about health issues.
- Reluctance to respond proactively when unwell.
- Participating in activities that put health at risk.
- Stigmas around mental health.
Movember shines a spotlight on problems like these by illuminating the topic and encouraging people to talk about it.
Since 2012, Kevin has helped raise $11,035 for this cause. Help us take that number even higher! Click here to go to Movember’s donation page!
When we’re not growing fantastic moustaches, Activo helps businesses implement secure and scalable IP networks and infrastructure. Learn more about us here!
- Trends That Will Shape the Future of the Contact Centre
- 8 Steps to Maximizing Success in the IoT
- Can Surveillance Cameras and Sensors Help Us Create a More Sustainable World
- Activo Providing Essential ICT Services for Hospitals and Long-Term Care Facilities - June 1, 2020
- Free Webex Offer in Response to COVID-19 - April 22, 2020
- How 5G Technology Transforms the Internet and the Way You Do Business - April 17, 2020
- We Are Open and Here to Support You - March 24, 2020
- How Video Analytics is Helping Secure Your Home, Business, and City - February 27, 2020
- How Smart Buildings Can Lower Costs and Increase Productivity - January 23, 2020
- Cloud-Based Communication Solutions Offer Flexibility for a Distributed Workforce - December 17, 2019
- Happy Holidays from Activo! - December 16, 2019
- Activo ‘Sleeps Out’ to Fight Youth Homelessness - November 18, 2019
- Activo Is Growing a Mo to Save a Bro! - November 14, 2019